Academics & Curriculum
Go ahead. Reach deeper. Stretch wider. Grasp enjoyment.
Honors courses, which are offered in both the general studies and in divisional curricula, are designed specially to help you reach deeper and stretch wider in your studies.
To maintain an active Honors Program status, students must maximize the opportunity to take Honors classes including one colloquium. The minimum number of classes varies based upon the degree program.
Here are some of the courses offered throughout the year that are designed for the Honors curriculum.
- Orientation to Honors (replaces FYE)
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Literature - Novel, Short Story, Poetry
- American History 1 and 2
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to MIcroeconomics
- Critical Thinking
- Environmental Geology
- Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2
These topics vary every semester.
- Discovery of Self
- Human Issues in Sexuality
- Experiencing Spring Grove Cemetery
- Cincinnati - the Once and Future City
- Wilderness and Wildness
- The Art of Science and of Science Fiction