Books & More
What's in Cincinnati State's Library? Use the search box below to find out! If you don't find what you need in BLINK, click the OhioLINK button to search across the state.
|Search By:||Keywords||Author||Title||Subject Heading|
|Your search:||Limit search to items available for checkout|
Problems with the search form? Go straight to BLINK: the Library's Online Catalog
Checking Out Books
Your Surge Card is your passport to checking out library books at the Cincinnati State Library, or for checking out books at ANY participating OhioLINK or SWON library. If you don't have your Surge Card yet, you can go get one onsite at the Middletown campus or to Student Activities on the main campus. See their web page for details at www.cincinnatistate.edu/on-campus/student-activities/surge-cards.
As a Cincinnati State affiliate, you can borrow books from across the state of Ohio...& they'll get delivered to you AT Cincinnati State's Library for free! In OhioLINK, you'll need to click the green "Request" button & enter your name plus 7-digit College ID to place your request.If you can't make it to the main campus for pickup, you can opt to pick them up at a different OhioLINK location. Find a participating library near you by using OhioLINK's interactive map, or by browsing SWON's member libraries.
You can access the Library's eBook collections 24/7 from anywhere with an Internet connection by entering in your name plus 7-Digit College ID number. Not sure what your ID number is? Go to MYCSTATE & use the link for "Look Up Username/Reset Your Cincinnati State Password" to retrieve it. Watch our short "Looking Up Your College ID" video for more instructions.
- Ebsco eBook Collection (formerly NetLibrary)
- Oxford Scholarship Online (Contains 9,000 e-books in 20 subject areas across the humanities, social sciences, sciences, medicine, and law)
- Humanities E-Book Project (a collection of high quality books in the field of history. These are works of major importance to historical studies—books that remain vital to both scholars and advanced students, and are frequently cited in the literature.)
- Online Books Page (a collection of more than 20,000 English language books on various subjects)
- Project Gutenberg (the Internet's oldest collection of full-text electronic books, available free to everyone)
- Safari Tech Books (over 20,000 full-text, fully searchable technology, computing, & business books)
- Wiley Online Books (Includes e-books across 17 subjects, including the Humanities, Law & Criminology, Food Sciences, the Arts, Earth Sciences, etc.)
Browse Library Audiobooks that are in cd format.