Cincinnati State has instituted the following policy regarding smoking on campus:
For the purposes of this policy, smoking is defined as the burning of any type of tobacco product, including, but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos, and pipes.
- Smoking is prohibited, except in designated smoking areas, at the Main Campus, Workforce Development Center (Evendale) or Cincinnati West Campus (Harrison), in all Cincinnati State vehicles, all College buildings, and all outside areas of the campuses, including classrooms, lecture halls, laboratories, offices, work areas, study areas, reception areas, meeting rooms, lobbies, hallways, stairwells, elevators, eating areas, lounges, restrooms, covered walkways, breezeways and walkways between sections of buildings, bus-stop shelters, areas immediately adjacent to building and parking garage entrances, and exterior stairways and landings.
- Smoking is prohibited within 25 feet of any building entrance or HVAC intake vents, except for designated smoking areas. All tobacco products should be disposed in appropriate smoking receptacles – not on the ground.
- Designated smoking areas are clearly marked with signs.
- Cincinnati State reserves the right to administer sanctions through the College disciplinary process to any individual found in continuous violation of this policy. The Campus Police Department oversees compliance with this policy; however, all faculty, staff, and students have a collective responsibility to promote the safety and health of the campus community and therefore share in the responsibility of enforcement.
- Cincinnati State reserves the right to appoint auxiliary personnel to ensure compliance, as necessary.
- Organizers and attendees at public events, such as conferences, meetings, public lectures, social events, cultural events, and athletic events using Cincinnati State facilities will be required to abide by this policy.